GRIFFIN 1000 (Single Frequency)
GRIFFIN 1000 is fully automatic for unattended operation and remote access support. Detailed remote supervisory displays of real-time operational performance and spectral processing are also provided.
The GPS/GNSS-L1 signals are most commonly used by the lower cost consumer electronic products, typically providing basic precision positioning and timing services to the broader communities. Most of the global users GPS/GNSS-L1 signals are non critical, so, any temporary interruption to the GPS/GNSS navigation signal availability at either personal or business levels, is simply an inconvenience, which hopefully is relatively short lived.
However, there some GPS/GNSS-L1 users that are significantly more dependant on continuous L1 signal availability, for either “Safety of Life” (SOL), or, “High Commercial Value” (HCV) type missions. These users would typically include;
- Aviation airport GBAS / ADSB regional operations,
- Emergency Services First Responders to Entertainment or Sporting precincts.
- Marine Harbour Pilot DGPS systems
- Critical suburban timing network for communications hubs
- Power Grid Synchronisation Timing Networks deployed at Switch Yards.
- Bulk Material Port and Container Terminal Operators
- Mining Safety Systems associated with Machine Automation projects
- Industrial Machine /Vehicle Automation Projects with heavy reliance on GNSS
- Rail Network Positive Train Control
- Many more..
It’s exactly these SOL/HCV users that the GRIFFIN-1000 was designed for. Providing cost effective RF Spectrum Management Tools that help to identify exactly where the RFI issues are arising from. So that the SOL/HCV user can quickly characterise the problem, apply immediate effective mitigation strategies, and then, eventually engage the appropriate law enforcement agency to solve the source RFI issue.