Modelling and Simulation M&S is used to characterise how GNSS systems will behave well before actually being deployed in real life. More generally, M&S uses mathematical models, including emulators, prototypes and stimulators, to develop data as a basis for making appropriate managerial and/or technical decisions for future project directions. When validated through field trials, theoretical M&S processes do accurately predict real world user experiences, the engineering team gaining valuable tools for:
- Investigating and testing past design assumptions
- Testing and delivering future conceptualizations and configurations (optimisation),
- Investigating the full performance constraints /limits of the GNSS technologies
Our modelling, simulation and Analysis suite of software tools spans several key areas associated with GNSS project delivery, and then, it’s ongoing system maintenance, including
GNSS RF Spectrum & Propagation Modelling Tools
This tool suite was originally developed to support the GRIFFIN project, however, they are now offered to customers as useful planning tools or viewing tools to support RFI activities. These tools will work with either the GRIFFIN product family, OR, NovAtel’s OEM7 Receivers. For further information refer to document downloads.
- Area Of Influence Propagation Prediction
- Spectrum Visualisation Tools
3D Object Motion Visualisation & Analysis Tools
This tool suite is used to support only 3D-SAM real time operations, as such, other 3D formats are not supported.
- 4D_Vizz – Real Time 3D Augmented Reality displays of 3D-SAM operations.
- 3D_CCDTV –Virtual Camera Display of 3D-SAM operations
- Machine Rail Subsidence Analysis
GNSS Signal Data Analysis tools
This is a suite analysis tools original developed to support GNSS environmental monitoring and analysis work associated with the former AirServices GRAS project. For more information please contact Engineering Support.
- SatGraph – SV Signal and Atmospheric Analysis
- RTKFix – GNSS RTK processing
GNSS Simulator Motion Generators.
This suite of tools are typically used to aid in the generation of motion files (*.MOT) for different vehicles and 3D objects in the SIMGEN environment.
- Multi Vehicle 3D Motion Generation – Automated Multi Vehicle 3D motion generator for SIMGEN vehicles.
- RTRemote – Real Timing 3D-Game interface to Spirent SIMGEN
For more detail on any of these tools please contact the services team.