Prior to permanent GBAS/GRAS Ground infrastructure installation, many engineering issues associated with proper site selection and signal propagation characteristics need to be thoroughly investigated. Deficiencies in preinstallation site testing can lead to expensive project overruns and costly delays. The GVT Emulator is designed as an easy to use low cost test solution to assist in GRAS/GBAS pre-installation engineering risk mitigation studies.
The GVT Emulator system consists of a standard NovAtel OEMV Receiver loaded with specialised internal firmware (API) configured to directly control the Telerad EM-9009A D8PSK VHF Transmitter (80 watts) and generate in real time either RTCA DO-246C GBAS Type 1,2,4 and/or GRAS Type 101 messages for any defined D8PSK slot.
Main features comprising the GVT Emulator are:
- Low cost and easy to deploy hardware solution that can be made operational within minutes of on-site arrival
- Real-time PC software for output performance monitoring and operator pre-mission system configuring
- GRAS/GBAS message compliance benchmarked against Spirent GG7700 & GSS4150 simulation system
- Reference Station GPS data source for aircraft flight/ trajectory post processing, (sub decimetre accuracies)
Main hardware items comprising the GVT Emulator are:
- Telerad EM-9009A – D8PSK VHF Trans mitter Unit, 80 Watts
- NovAtel Propak6 Receiver & 701GG Antenna – Precision GPS with internal API programming capability
- Aviation VHF Antenna – Aviation 120MHz VHF Trans mission Antenna linearly or elliptically polarised