An old defence adage that “time and money spent on reconnaissance is rarely wasted” is certainly true for ultimately choosing the best GNSS Sensor and/or IMU technologies for future demanding systems applications. What’s common across the GNSS Receiver market is the endless supply of good looking glossy product brochures promoted by large exuberant sales teams all claiming that their products have the highest performance and are best fit for any application. However, independent experienced field teams analysing the products and “scratching the surfaces” often reveal that many manufacturer’s claims are simply over stated or quite misleading.
Not all GNSS Receivers are the same.!!
Thus, for any high safety or integrity applications, it’s essential that careful analysis and comprehensive investigations are conducted on the different GNSS Sensors under consideration in the “real world” by experienced professionals. These experienced professionals typically need to have the;
- experience to correctly identify and understand the technical/operational risks to a project which will later drive the GNSS sensors choices
- ability to design tests in such away that the identified “real world” risks are thoroughly investigated and exposed
- skills to ensure that both adequate and appropriate data sets are collected under differing operating conditions so that GNSS sensor performance limits can be clearly be established performance
- access to automated tools and equipment for both collecting time tagged data, automatic files archiving and in some instances the ability to provide remote Internet access to routinely monitor the experiment’s progress and download/transfer the data
- access to automated analysis tools for quickly reducing the field data into meaning statistics to aid the design, identify the requirement and set the project’s final performance criteria
Our engineering services team have both collectively decades of practical GNSS field experience and the back office software to quickly, efficiently and professionally deliver field services.